HappyFeet Dance Company
Serving the community by sharing China’s cultural and ethnic diversity through folk dance.
We are Non-Profit
HappyFeet Dance Company is a Texas-based non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation founded by Chinese dance instructor and choreographer, Ms. Min Luo.
HappyFeet Dance Company is an organization of members who are the most dedicated and talented students of HappyFeet Dance School and Performance. These incredible individuals participate in public performances, as well as regional and national dance competitions annually.
Our mission is to share China’s cultural and ethnic diversity with the rest of the world through dance performances for the general public by providing the highest level of artistic quality. We encourage our most dedicated members to:
1) engage in community volunteer service, and
2) participate in dance competitions.
Earn Credit and Recognition For Volunteer Service
How proud would you feel if the President of the United States wrote your daughter a personal congratulatory letter for her outstanding volunteer service?
As an American, your daughter can earn this most honorable recognition through our non-profit organization and the President’s Volunteer Service Award Program (“PVSA”) with as little as 50 hours of annual volunteer service.
HappyFeet Dance Company is proud to be an official certifying organization for the President’s Volunteer Service Award.
Earn the President’s Volunteer Service Award!
The award includes the following 3 items:
Congratulatory letter from the President of the United States
Customized certificate of achievement
Choice of pin, coin, or medallion
The President’s Volunteer Service Award is the premier volunteer awards program, encouraging United States citizens or lawfully admitted permanent residents of the United States through presidential recognition to live a life of service.
HappyFeet Dance Company is an official certifying organization for the President’s Volunteer Service Award. We will create individual accounts to record and verify the volunteer hours logged by our dance company members.
All dance company members will be provided a log to document their personal volunteer hours. All volunteer service hours must be supported by a log, signed by a site supervisor. The log should include dates, hours, signature of the supervisor, and contact information for that supervisor. These logs should be submitted to HappyFeet Dance Company after volunteers complete their service.
PVSA – Age Categories
- Kids: Age 5 – 14
- Young Adults: Age 15 – 25
- Adults: Age 26+
PVSA Criteria For Recognition
Any individual, family or group that meets the program’s criteria can receive Presidential recognition for volunteer hours served over a 12-month period or over the course of a lifetime.
- Recipients must be United States citizens or lawfully admitted permanent residents of the United States.
- Awards are issued for service hours served within a 12-month time period or over the course of a lifetime.
- Volunteer hours must be non-paid hours. (if volunteer is being paid a stipend hours served are not eligible.)
- Awards are issued for volunteer service only. Additional levels of participation with the organization, i.e. charitable support, are not a factor considered for the award.
- Court-ordered community service does not qualify for the award.
- Awards are issued by approved Certifying Organizations. HappyFeet Dance Company is an approved Certifying Organization.
- Service must be with an organization that is legally established in the United States, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or one of the territories.
- HappyFeet Dance Company can verify volunteer hours for the previous year beginning in September until September of the current year. The HFDC recognizes students during their annual Dance Celebration which takes place in January/February of every year.
Kids: 50 to 74 hours
Young Adults: 100 to 174 hours
Adults: 100 to 249 hours
Family & Groups: 200 to 499 hours
Kids: 75 to 99 hours
Young Adults: 175 to 249 hours
Adults: 250 to 499 hours
Family & Groups: 500 to 999 hours
Kids: 100 hours or more
Young Adults: 250 hours or more
Adults: 500 hours or more
Family & Groups: 1000 hours or more